You may want to record a phone call for one or the other reason? Maybe you are not satisfied with the response from a company over the phone and you want proof.
There are several ways to record calls on your Android pone. But it’s important to check out the laws in your country or state before breaking them. One of the best ways to record a call is to use the Automatic Call Recorder app. The free version is much better than the pro version. Here’s how to record a phone call on your Android smartphone.
- Open the app, go to the settings, where you must enable various setting’s options.
- Make sure you have enabled the Record calls box.
- Next, under Media settings, change the File Type to WAV, which is in fact better for playback on a third-party app at a later point in time.
- Make Mic as the default Audio Source.
- Close the app.
- Now call someone from your contacts or experiment with a toll-free number.
- When the call is connecting, you will see the red recording dot at the top left corner of your status bar. Swipe down the notifications and you’ll find that the call is being recorded.
- Once you end the call, you will get a notification indicating that you have one recorded message. Tap on it and it brings you to the recording data where you have the option to play, delete, share, save, add notes, check contact history, contact details as well as call back. The length of time along with the files size is also displayed.
In case the recording is not clear, then you might need to change the Audio Source settings for some trial and error until you are satisfied with the recording.
The app also lets you save your recordings in Cloud storage as well as the SDcard location.
Another best method to record calls is by using Google Voice, a calling service that works through Gmail, you simply press 4 to start recording. Once you’re finished, you can either press 4 again to stop recording or just end the call.
There’s one caveat, though: Google Voice can only record incoming calls. Other apps that support recording both incoming and outgoing calls include Record My Call or InCall Recorder.
Please free to tell us which app or service you use to record a call?
NOTE: Recording a phone call without the knowledge of one or both of the parties is illegal in some countries. Some states in the United States require one party to be notified of the recording, some require both parties to be notified. For more information about laws regarding call recording, see Wikipedia and the Digital Media Law Project. Be sure to do your due diligence about the laws in your state before recording any calls.